Ovarian cyst symptom- ovarian cyst sign and symptom
What is Ovarian cyst?
Ovarian cysts are fluid-filled, saclike growths on the ovaries.
Ovarian cyst can occur and regress, undetected, during a normal menstrual cycle.
Ovarian cancer usually is described as the silent killer, but this is not always true.
These cysts usually disappear within one or two menstrual cycles and the woman is rarely aware of them.
An ovarian cyst is a growth or swelling on, or inside, the ovary. It may be solid, or filled with fluid. If yours is solid you might hear it called a tumour.
Symptom of Ovarian cyst
Although most ovarian cysts don't cause any symptoms, when symptoms do occur there may be a dull ache or a sense of pressure or fullness in the abdomen. Here are the list of some symptoms :
- Disturbance in the menstrual cycle; mid-cycle bleeding
- Unfamiliar pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen at any point during the cycle
- Pain during intercourse
- Frequent urination (if cyst presses against bladder)
- Unexplained abdominal swelling
Ovarian cancer usually is described as the silent killer, but this is not always true. Typically, most women with early ovarian cancer won't notice symptoms unless they're on the lookout. Noticeable symptoms occur when the cancer has spread to the abdominal cavity, causing abdominal fullness and early satiety (a sensation of fullness after eating only a small amount). Many women will be sent off to a gastroenterologist to investigate motility disorders, hiatal hernia, or gallbladder disease.
Types of Ovarian cyst
- Complex Ovarian cyst
- Ruptured Ovarian cyst
- Ovarian Dermoid Cyst
- Hemorrhagic Ovarian cyst
ovarian cyst sign and symptom
- discomfort in the lower abdomen
- painless swelling or bloating in the lower abdomen
- a feeling of fullness (even after a light meal)
- loss of appetite
- gas and indigestion that can't otherwise be explained
- weight loss
- frequent urination
- pain during sexual intercourse
An ovarian cyst is a sac or pouch that develops in or on the ovary. The cysts may contain liquid, or solid material or a combination of both.
More on Ovarian cyst