Home Remedies for Sunburn - Best Natural, Herbal Homemade Remedies for Sunburn
Sunburn Home Remedies
This section provides a list of effective home remedy for Sunburn.
The sun's ultra-violet rays are the ones responsible when we have a sunburn. Learn how to cure sunburn at home. Some general remedies that are beneficial in treating sunburn are:
1. Mix olive oil with equal quantity of vinegar and apply an hour before your bath for sunburn relief.
2. Another effective remedy for sunburn. Grated cucumber can be applied all over the face. The juice is good for the skin around eyes too. Helps to tighten the skin and has a cooling and refreshing effect.
3. Rup peptobismo on the burned area most of the time it will actually turn into a tan.
Sunburn Treatment by Vinegar remedy
Having kids and going to the lake a lot, we have had problems with the sun burn. try using vinager. it really works. just put it on a cotton ball and rub on the burnned area. You may stink for awhile, but the burn goes away. after it does, wash and lotion up to help with the pealling. also if you get a minor burn, put mustard on it!
Soak in a tub of cool water and add a cup of white vinegar to the bath.
Apple cider vinegar Remedy for sunburn: Apply apple cider vinegar to the burn with a cottonball to relieve the pain. Keep the skin moistened. This remedy will prevent blistering and peeling.
5. To relief a sunburn pain apply over the affected area cool water compresses or fill a bathtub with cold water and dissolve one pound of baking soda or oatmeal in it. Soak in the bath for 30' approximately, until you feel relieve.
6. Apply aloe gel to any burned area. A remedy that will give relief from sunburn.
7. Baking soda sunburn remedy Dissolve some baking soda in water and make a compress using a clean cloth. Another remedy is to add 1/2 cup of baking soda to a tepid bath and soak. Instead of drying the affected area with a towel, let it air dry. Baking soda is cooling and will help the skin retain moisture.
8. In bowl, mix noxema and corizone 10 together. Rub mixture to affected area. Place remaining mixture into noxema jar. For best results, chill before applying. Will be very cold, but feels great on sunburn. Reapply as needed.
Some other effective and commonly used homemade remedy/ and tips on sunburn:
** Drink plenty of fluids to keep your body hydrated, and to replace the lost by the sunburn.
** Do not apply any creams, butter, petroleum jelly or any other greasy substance to a sunburn. They only cause more damage by trapping the heat and can make a burn deeper. The sunburn will heal faster if left exposed to the air.
** In high fever, the application of cool sandalwood paste on the forehead brings the temperature down, just like a cold compress does.
** Make a compress of whole milk (or buttermilk) and apply to the burned (sunburn) area for 20 minutes; repeat every two to four hours. Wash the milk off so you won't smell sour! The fat content of the milk is soothing for sunburns.
** Take L-Cysteine, accelerate the healing of burns.
The home remedies for the treatment of sunburn provided above are not a substitute for medical treatment. If you have high sunburn, please consult to your doctor. These remedies for sunburn are just few thing you can adopt to calm the burns.