Zyban Drug Information
Generic Name: Zyban
Some commonly used name for Zyban are: Wellbutrin, , Amfebutamone, Bupropion
What is Zyban and for what Zyban is used?
Zyban is a drug used to relieve mental depression. Zyban is also sometimes known as bupropion and belongs to the group of medicines known as smoking cessation aids.
Zyban is used as an aid to smoking cessation. It comes in tablet form.
How to Take Zyban
The dose of Zyban (bupropion) will be different for different patients. Follow your doctor's orders or the directions on the label . Zyban must be administered by a qualified healthcare provider.
What are the Side Effects of Zyban -
Like all medicines, Zyban can cause some side-effects. Some common side effects reported with this medicine include the following. Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- loss of appetite,
- dry mouth,
- strange taste in mouth,
- vomiting, tremor
- skin rash
- increased sun sensitivity,
- blurred vision.
Rare adverse events with Zyban include hypersensitivity reactions and hypertension.
Zyban intraction with other drugs:
When you are taking Zyban or bupropion, it is important that your health care professional know well if you are taking any of these medicines - Trazodone, Fluoxetine, any medicine for mental illness, Lithane etc.
Warnings and precautions before taking Zyban :
- Remember do not stop using this Zyban medicine suddenly without asking your doctor.
- This medicine has been tested in a very small number of patients 6 to 16 years of age and has not been shown to cause different side effects or problems in children than it does in adults. More testing is needed to decide whether bupropion is safe and effective for use in children.
- Before taking this drug Zyban, tell your doctor if you are pregnant.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications with Zyban.
- Breast feeding- Zyban passes into breast milk. Because it may cause unwanted effects in nursing babies, use of bupropion is not recommended during breast-feeding.
What if Overdose of Zyban ?
If you think you or anyone else may have taken too many Zyban, immediately telephone your doctor or contact your local or regional Poisons Information Centre Seek medical attention immediately.
You may need urgent medical attention.
What if Missed Dose of Zyban?
If you are taking the extended-release or the prompt-release form of Zyban medicine and you miss a dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not double doses.
Storage Conditions for Zyban:
Store Zyban in a cool, dry place, away from direct light and heat.
Keep this medicine where young children cannot reach them such as a locked cupboard.
TO ACCESS OUR MEDICAL DIRECTORY, CLICK ON THE FIRST LETTER OF THE DRUG NAME:
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
Please Note: The medical information here is presented for education, background reading and general interest. The DiseasesAtoZ is not a diagnostic or clinical decision-making tool.
Please consult your own licensed physician regarding diagnosis and treatment of any medical condition!
Content is not asserted complete or error free.