Zonalon Drug (Medication) Information
Adapin, Sinequan, Zonalon
What is Zonalon and for what Zonalon is used?
Zonalon belongs to a group of medicines called tricyclic antidepressants. Zonalon can lift your spirits and relieve your depression. Generic Zonalon capsules are available.
Zonalon (Zonalon), an antidepressant , is used to treat depression and anxiety.
Zonalon is a psychotropic agent with antidepressant and anxiolytic properties. Zonalon also has sedative and anticholinergic effects, and, in the higher dosage range, it produces peripheral adrenergic blocking effects.
Zonalon drug can also be used for the treatment of
- anxiety, chronic skin disorders,itching,
- panic disorders,peptic ulcer disease,
- postprandial hypoglycemia,
- posttraumatic stress disorder ( PTSD ),
- sleep disorders,or to stop the cravings of smoking,swelling,and
- to decrease nightly urination.
- to combat chronic pain in,arthritis,diabetic disease, herpes lesions,migraines,pain in cancer patients, tension headaches,or tic douloureux.
How to Take Zonalon
Take Zonalon exactly as prescribed by health care provider.
Swallow the capsules with a drink of water. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your prescriber's advice.
What are the Side Effects of Zonalon -
Like other medicines,
Zonalon can cause side effects.
Some of the more common side effects of Zonalon include
- increased appetite
- irritation of tongue /mouth
- racing heartbeat / palpitations
- ringing in ears,seizures
- sexual problems,or skin rash.
Side effects of Zonalon Drug that usually do not require medical attention (report to your prescriber or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
.confusion or nervousness
.constipation or diarrhea
.difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
.drowsiness or dizziness
.skin rash, itching, increased sensitivity to sun or UV light
Zonalon intraction with other drugs:
Tell your prescriber or health care professional: about all other medicines you are taking including non-prescription medicines; if you are a frequent user of drinks with caffeine or alcohol; if you smoke; or if you use illegal drugs. These can affect the way your medicine works. Check with your health care professional before stopping or starting any of your medicines.
Warnings and precautions before taking Zonalon :
- Zonalon capsule must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harmful side effects to the unborn child. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications along with Zonalon.
- Breast Feeding - Mothers who are taking Zonalon and who wish to breast-feed should discuss this with their doctor.
- Patients should be warned that the effects of other drugs acting on the central nervous system, such as alcohol, barbiturates and other CNS depressants, may be potentiated by Zonalon.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Zonalon. Alcohol may increase drowsiness caused by Zonalon. It may also increase the risk of seizures.
- Tricyclic antidepressants may also give rise to paralytic ileus, particularly in the elderly and in hospitalized patients. Therefore, appropriate measures should be taken if constipation occurs.
- The safety and efficay of this medicine have not been studied in children and adolescents, hence it is not recommended for use in these age groups.
What if Overdose of Zonalon ?
If you think you or anyone else taken overdose of Zonalon, immediately telephone your doctor or contact your local or regional Poisons Information Centre Seek medical attention immediately.
You may need urgent medical attention.
What if Missed Dose of Zonalon?
If you miss a dose of Zonalon medicine and you remember within an hour or so, take the dose immediately. If you do not remember until later, skip the dose you missed and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Storage Conditions for Zonalon:
Zonalon should be stored below 86°F (30°C) in a tight, light resistant container. Keep the medication away from the children.
Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
TO ACCESS OUR MEDICAL DIRECTORY, CLICK ON THE FIRST LETTER OF THE DRUG NAME:
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
Please Note: The medical information here is presented for education, background reading and general interest. The DiseasesAtoZ is not a diagnostic or clinical decision-making tool.
Please consult your own licensed physician regarding diagnosis and treatment of any medical condition!
Content is not asserted complete or error free.