Zarontin Syrup (zarontin capsule) Information
ETHOSUXIMIDE - ORAL (eth-oh-SUX-uh-mide)
What is Zarontin and for what Zarontin is used?
Zarontin are used to control certain seizures in the treatment of epilepsy. This medicine must be taken every day in regularly spaced doses as ordered by your doctor . Do not take more or less of it than your doctor ordered.If this medicine upsets your stomach, take it with food or milk unless otherwise directed by your doctor
Zarontin act on the central nervous system (CNS) to reduce the number and severity of seizures.
How to Take Zarontin
Take Zarontin exactly as prescribed by health care provider.
Swallow the capsules with a drink of water. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed. Do not stop taking except on your prescriber's advice.
What are the Side Effects of Zarontin -
Like other medicines,
Zarontin can cause side effects.
Some of the more common side effects of Zarontin include
- fever, sore throat, swollen glands
- mood changes, nervousness, or hostility
- mouth ulcers
- muscle aches and pain
- redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth
- shortness of breath, or wheezingskin rash and itching
unusual bleeding or bruising
- chest pain or tightness
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Side effects of Zarontin Drug that usually do not require medical attention (report to your prescriber or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
- dizziness or drowsiness
- loss of appetite
- nausea, vomiting
- stomach cramps
Zarontin intraction with other drugs:
Tell your prescriber or health care professional: about all other medicines you are taking including non-prescription medicines; if you are a frequent user of drinks with caffeine or alcohol; if you smoke; or if you use illegal drugs. These can affect the way your medicine works. Check with your health care professional before stopping or starting any of your medicines.
Warnings and precautions before taking Zarontin :
- Zarontin capsule must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harmful side effects to the unborn child. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications along with Zarontin.
- Breast Feeding - Mothers who are taking Zarontin and who wish to breast-feed should discuss this with their doctor.
- Patients should be warned that the effects of other drugs acting on the central nervous system, such as alcohol, barbiturates and other CNS depressants, may be potentiated by Zarontin.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Zarontin. Alcohol may increase drowsiness caused by Zarontin. It may also increase the risk of seizures.
- The safety and efficay of this medicine have not been studied in children and adolescents, hence it is not recommended for use in these age groups.
What if Overdose of Zarontin ?
If you think you or anyone else taken overdose of Zarontin, immediately telephone your doctor or contact your local or regional Poisons Information Centre Seek medical attention immediately.
You may need urgent medical attention.
What if Missed Dose of Zarontin?
If you miss a dose of Zarontin medicine and you remember within an hour or so, take the dose immediately. If you do not remember until later, skip the dose you missed and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Storage Conditions for Zarontin:
Zarontin should be stored below 86°F (30°C) in a tight, light resistant container. Keep the medication away from the children.
Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.
TO ACCESS OUR MEDICAL DIRECTORY, CLICK ON THE FIRST LETTER OF THE DRUG NAME:
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
Please Note: The medical information here is presented for education, background reading and general interest. The DiseasesAtoZ is not a diagnostic or clinical decision-making tool.
Please consult your own licensed physician regarding diagnosis and treatment of any medical condition!
Content is not asserted complete or error free.