Yentreve Drug Information
Generic Name: Yentreve (duloxetine hydrochloride)
Other Name: Cymbalta
What is Yentreve and for what Yentreve is used?
The other name for Yentreve is Cymbalta. It is an antidepressant drug which is manufactured by Eli Lilly and Company.
Yentreve (duloxetine) is the first drug (a SNRI) in Denmark and is used for treatment of urinary incontinence.
(SUI) for women, when conservative therapy is inefficient.
Duloxetine is being developed for the treatment of major depressive disorder. Yentreve was released for use the 13th of September 2004.
How to Take Yentreve
Take Yentreve exactly as prescribed by health care provider. It si available in
form. Take this medicine after food.
What are the Side Effects of Yentreve -
Like other medicines, the following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with Yentreve medicine.
- Disturbances of the gut such as nausea, constipation, diarrhoea, vomiting or indigestion
- Dry mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Blurred vision
- Increased sweating
- Feeling of weakness
- Decreased sex drive
Yentreve intraction with other drugs:
Caution is advised administering duloxetine with centrally active drugs (incl. alcohol drugs) and with serotonergic drugs such as, SSRI's, tricyclic antidepressives, venlafaxine, triptanes and tramadol. Tell your doctor if you are taking other drugs.
Warnings and precautions before taking Yentreve :
- Yentreve must not be taken at the same time as, or within 14 days of taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) antidepressant.
- This medicine must not be used during pregnancy as it may be harmful to the unborn child. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications.
- Breast Feeding - Mothers who are taking Yentreve and who wish to breast-feed should discuss this with their doctor.
- The safety and efficay of this medicine have not been studied in children and adolescents, hence it is not recommended for use in these age groups.
What if Overdose of Yentreve ?
If you think you or anyone else taken overdose of Yentreve, immediately telephone your doctor or contact your local or regional Poisons Information Centre Seek medical attention immediately.
You may need urgent medical attention.
What if Missed Dose of Yentreve?
If you miss a dose of Yentreve medicine and you remember within an hour or so, take the dose immediately. If you do not remember until later, skip the dose you missed and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Storage Conditions for Yentreve:
Store Yentreve at room temperature in a dry place. Keep out of reach of children.
Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed.
TO ACCESS OUR MEDICAL DIRECTORY, CLICK ON THE FIRST LETTER OF THE DRUG NAME:
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
Please Note: The medical information here is presented for education, background reading and general interest. The DiseasesAtoZ is not a diagnostic or clinical decision-making tool.
Please consult your own licensed physician regarding diagnosis and treatment of any medical condition!
Content is not asserted complete or error free.