Klonopin side effects, Warnings and precautions , commom side effects for Klonopin
What are the Commom Side Effects of Klonopin -
Side effects cannot be anticipated. If any develop or change in intensity, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Like other medicines,
Klonopin can cause side effects.
Some of the more common side effects of Klonopin include
- increased heart rate
- general unwell feeling
- Behavior problems
- lack of muscular coordination
- an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of the throat; swelling of
- hallucinations or severe confusion
- yellowing of the skin or eyes
Klonopin (clonazepam) may be habit forming. Physical and/or psychological dependence can occur, and withdrawal effects are possible if the medication is stopped suddenly after prolonged or high-dose treatment. Do not stop taking Klonopin (clonazepam) suddenly without first talking to your doctor if you have been taking it continuously for more than 5 to 7 days. Your doctor may want to gradually reduce the dose.
Some other side effects of Klonopin are as:
- Abnormal thinking, including disorientation, delusions (holding false beliefs that cannot be changed by facts)
- loss of sense of reality; agitation; behavior changes, including aggressive behavior, bizarre behavior, decreased inhibition, or outbursts of anger
- convulsions (seizures); hallucinations (seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there)
- hypotension (low blood pressure)
- muscle weakness;
- skin rash or itching; sore throat, fever, and chills
- trouble in sleeping
- ulcers or sores in mouth or throat (continuing); uncontrolled movements of body, including the eyes; unusual bleeding or bruising; unusual excitement, nervousness, or irritability
- unusual tiredness or weakness (severe); yellow eyes or skin
KlonopinSide effects due to rapid decrease or abrupt withdrawal from may include:
- depressed feeling, hallucinations,
- restlessness, sleeping difficulties,
- behavior disorders, convulsions,
- tremorsAbdominal and muscle cramps,
More common side effects in panic disorder may include:
- Allergic reaction, constipation, coordination problems,
- depression, dizziness, fatigue,
- inflamed sinuses or nasal passages,
- flu, memory problems,
- menstrual problems, nervousness,
- reduced thinking ability,
- respiratory infection,
- sleepiness, speech problems
Less common or rare side effects in panic disorder may include:
- Abdominal pain/discomfort, abnormal hunger,
- acne, aggressive reaction,
- anxiety, apathy, asthma attack,
- bleeding from the skin, blood clots,
- bronchitis, burning sensation, changes in appetite, changes in sex drive, confusio
- n, coughing, difficulty breathing,
- dizziness when standing, ear problems,
Warnings and precautions before taking Klonopin :
- Because of the possibility that adverse effects on childhood physical or mental development could become apparent only after years, a risk-benefit consideration of the long-term use of clonazepam is important in pediatric patients.
- Klonopin capsule must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harmful side effects to the unborn child. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to Klonopin, aspirin, tartrazine (a yellow dye in some processed foods and drugs), or any other drugs.
- If you have several types of seizures, this drug may increase the possibility of grand mal seizures (epilepsy). Inform your doctor if this occurs
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications along with Klonopin.
- Breast Feeding - Mothers who are taking Klonopin and who wish to breast-feed should discuss this with their doctor.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Klonopin. Alcohol may increase drowsiness caused by Klonopin. It may also increase the risk of seizures.
- Klonopin slows the nervous system and its effects may be intensified by alcohol. Do not drink while taking this medication.
- Caution patients receiving clonazepam against engaging in hazardous occupations requiring complete mental alertness, such as operating machinery or driving a motor vehicle.
Storage Conditions for Klonopin Tablet :
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed.
Keep the medication away from the children.
TO ACCESS OUR MEDICAL DIRECTORY, CLICK ON THE FIRST LETTER OF THE DRUG NAME:
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
Please Note: The medical information here is presented for education, background reading and general interest. The DiseasesAtoZ is not a diagnostic or clinical decision-making tool.
Please consult your own licensed physician regarding diagnosis and treatment of any medical condition!
Content is not asserted complete or error free.