Bacid Drug (Medication) Information
What is Bacid and for what Bacid is used?
Bacid probiotic dietary supplement contains a blend of beneficial bacteria including Lactobacillus Acidophilus. Helps maintain a healthy balance of "friendly" bacteria in your digestive tract.
Bacid has been used to re-establish the normal consistency of bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract (stomach and intestines) and vagina. Bacid is also
used in the prevention and treatment of postantibiotic stomatitis and microbial diarrheas; also in aphthous and herpetic stomatitis
Bacid has been used in the treatment and/or prevention of vaginal yeast infections, yeast infections of the mouth, antibiotic-induced diarrhea, and urinary tract infections.
How to Take Bacid
Take Bacid exactly as prescribed by health care provider. Bacid is available in
Talk to your doctor before taking Bacid if you have any other medical conditions, allergies, or if you take other medicines or herbal/health supplements. Acidophilus may not be recommended in some situations.
What are the Side Effects of Bacid -
Like other medicines,
Bacid can cause side effects.
Some of the more common side effects of Bacid include
- .difficulty breathing or tightness in the chest or throat
.skin rash, hives, or severe itching
.severe nausea or vomiting
.unusual tiredness or weakness
Some other side effects of Bacid are as:
Stop taking acidophilus and seek emergency medical attention if you experience symptoms of a serious allergic reaction including difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives.
Bacid intraction with other drugs:
There are no reported drug interactions with Bacid. However some antibiotics can decrease the "amount" of good bacteria in your intestinal tract.
Warnings and precautions before taking Bacid :
- 2 capsules 2 to 4 times daily, taken preferably with milk or lactose
- Bacid capsule must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harmful side effects to the unborn child. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications along with Bacid.
- Breast Feeding - Mothers who are taking Bacid and who wish to breast-feed should discuss this with their doctor.
- Talk to your doctor before taking acidophilus if you have any other medical conditions, allergies, or if you take other medicines or herbal / health supplements
- The safety and efficay of this medicine have not been studied in children and adolescents, hence it is not recommended for use in these age groups.
What if Overdose of Bacid ?
If you think you or anyone else taken overdose of Bacid, immediately telephone your doctor or contact your local or regional Poisons Information Centre Seek medical attention immediately.
You may need urgent medical attention.
What if Missed Dose of Bacid?
If you miss a dose of Bacid medicine and you remember within an hour or so, take the dose immediately. If you do not remember until later, skip the dose you missed and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Storage Conditions for Bacid:
Store acidophilus as directed on the package. In general, acidophilus should be protected from light and moisture.
TO ACCESS OUR MEDICAL DIRECTORY, CLICK ON THE FIRST LETTER OF THE DRUG NAME:
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
Please Note: The medical information here is presented for education, background reading and general interest. The DiseasesAtoZ is not a diagnostic or clinical decision-making tool.
Please consult your own licensed physician regarding diagnosis and treatment of any medical condition!
Content is not asserted complete or error free.