Bacampicillin Drug (Medication) Information
bacampicillin (ba kam pi SILL in)
What is Bacampicillin and for what Bacampicillin is used?
Bacampicillin is an antibiotic in the class of drugs called penicillins. It fights bacteria in the body.
Each drug within the family kills specific bacteria; therefore, healthcare practitioners prescribe penicillins based on the individual's current needs.
Bacampicillin is used to treat many different types of infections, such as tonsillitis, pneumonia, bronchitis, urinary tract infections, gonorrhea, and infections of the skin.
How to Take Bacampicillin
Take Bacampicillin exactly as prescribed by health care provider. Bacampicillin is available in
Talk to your doctor before taking Bacampicillin if you have any other medical conditions.
Bacampicillin should be taken at evenly spaced intervals throughout the day and night to keep the medicine level in your blood high enough to treat the infection.
Continue to take this medication until the full prescribed amount is finished even if symptoms disappear after a few days.
What are the Side Effects of Bacampicillin -
Like other medicines,
Bacampicillin can cause side effects.
Some of the more common side effects of Bacampicillin include
- upset stomach
- skin rash
- fever, easy bruising or bleeding
Bacampicillin intraction with other drugs:
There are no reported drug interactions with Bacampicillin. However some antibiotics can decrease the "amount" of good bacteria in your intestinal tract.
Physicians and pharmacists recognize that some foods and drugs, when taken during the same period of time, can alter the body's ability to utilize a particular food or drug, or cause serious side effects.
Warnings and precautions before taking Bacampicillin :
- Tell healthcare provider if you are allergic to any medicine. Make sure to tell about the allergy and how it affected you. This includes telling about rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, throat; or any other symptoms involved.
- Bacampicillin capsule must not be used during pregnancy as it may cause harmful side effects to the unborn child. Seek medical advice from your doctor.
- Talk with your physician or pharmacist if you are taking other medications along with Bacampicillin.
- Breast Feeding - Mothers who are taking Bacampicillin and who wish to breast-feed should discuss this with their doctor.
- Talk to your doctor before taking acidophilus if you have any other medical conditions, allergies, or if you take other medicines or herbal / health supplements
- The safety and efficay of this medicine have not been studied in children and adolescents, hence it is not recommended for use in these age groups.
What if Overdose of Bacampicillin ?
If you think you or anyone else taken overdose of Bacampicillin, immediately telephone your doctor or contact your local or regional Poisons Information Centre Seek medical attention immediately.
You may need urgent medical attention.
What if Missed Dose of Bacampicillin?
If you miss a dose of Bacampicillin medicine and you remember within an hour or so, take the dose immediately. If you do not remember until later, skip the dose you missed and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Storage Conditions for Bacampicillin:
Store acidophilus as directed on the package. In general,
Store the tablets at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
TO ACCESS OUR MEDICAL DIRECTORY, CLICK ON THE FIRST LETTER OF THE DRUG NAME:
A || B || C || D || E || F || G || H || I || J || K || L || M || N || O || P || Q || R || S || T || U || V || W || X || Y || Z
Please Note: The medical information here is presented for education, background reading and general interest. The DiseasesAtoZ is not a diagnostic or clinical decision-making tool.
Please consult your own licensed physician regarding diagnosis and treatment of any medical condition!
Content is not asserted complete or error free.