Indigestion problem - Cause, Symptom, Cure of chronic & Severe Indigestion
Alernative Names for Indigestion:
Dyspepsia; Uncomfortable fullness after meals
Usually every person get involved in indigestion some time or other. Indigestion problem is a chief disorder of digestive system.
It may be triggered by eating particular foods or after drinking wine or carbonated drinks. It may also be caused by eating too fast or overeating.
Symptom information on this page attempts to provide a list of some possible symptoms of Indigestion.
The main symptom of Indigestion are following:
- Loss of appetite Distaste in meals Gas formation
- Bubbling Sound in stomach
- Pain and heaviness in abdomen
- Sour belching
- Feeling of nausea
- Feeling of dizziness and tiredness Burning throat and oesophagus Distension of stomach
- Water in mouth
- Foul breath
Cause of Indigestion
Indigestion is a common problem. The following can be the cause of indigestion -
- Taking of heavy and oily meal in much quantity. consumption of stale.
- Rotten and contaminated food substances and
- Eating in hurry without proper mastication of food are the main cause of Indigestion.
Other than the above listed causes. Some more causes of Indigestion are
- excessive mental stress.
- frequent eating.
- eating without hunger.
- eating in agitated or
- tense state of mind and
- labour shirking habit also adds to Indigestion.
In the state of panic and fear also food does not digest properly and leads to the problem of Indigestion. Therefore, it should be avoided. Some times uncooked and raw food also becomes the cause of Indigestion. Worms, teething. old age, constipation. hilly journey, mental stress, physical work and sexual intercourse just after meal also lead to Indigestion.
Indigestion Treatment and Cure by Home Remedy -
The patients of Indigestion as a primary measure should avoid all the conditions which are the main cause of Indigestion. The treatment of Indigestion must be started with fasting or fruit diet. After fruit diet light Sattvic Aahar like Dalia or whole wheat bread and green vegetables should be taken. The strict observance of following two rules is necessary for curing Indigestion. These are:
1. Thorough mastication of food and cautious avoidance of over eating.
2. Application of Mud pack over abdomen. Hip bath and Wet abdominal pack also gives adequate relief. Lemon water enema. once or twice a week is also helpful. If necessary. it should be taken daily for first two three days.
Indigestion Cure with Yoga and Exercise
Usually, due to the displacement of naval towards lower side Indigestion or loose motion occur.
The following Asanas are very helpful in curing Indigestion problem - Surya Namaskar, Tadasana, Katichakrasana, Pada Hastasana, Suptapavanmuktasana, Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Vajrasana, Mandukasana, Mayurasana, Ardhamatsyendrasana and Suryabhedana Pranayama are specially beneficial.
The practice of Agnisara acts as panecea for the patients of Indigestion. Such patients should change their daily routine and try to keep their minds peaceful and happy. They should not drink water immediately after meals but take it one hour after meal.