Fitness & Exercise - Article on Fitness & Exercise
In addition to good and nutritious diet, exercise is an important
factor in maintaining good health. With living a nutritious lifestyle, the right supplment can help you along the way. The life of the Executives is
of sedentary nature and as such, some form of body movement
is essential. The physical activity can be undertaken in any form
like walking, exercise, games, running, jogging, gymnastic, etc.
After exercise, deep breathing for 5 minutes is useful. It may
be kept in mind that exercise or deep breathing should be done
in fresh open air.
1. Morning walk for 2 or 3 kilometres in a garden or some
open space, along with river, canal, seashore is very useful.
It is light exercise, which always keeps the body fit.
2. Simple and physical activity of taste using hands, neck, feet,
bending and jumping can be done lasting for a few minutes.
While doing manipulation of hands and feet, the breath
should be controlled. Breathing should be done by nose and
not by mouth. In this way, simple exercises each lasting 10
or 15 seconds can be useful for one who is very busy. After
the exercise, relaxation for a few minutes by closing the
eyes, and inviting optimistic healthy thoughts lessens the strain.
3. Yogic Exercise and Pranayam- Yoga opens the field for a
healthy life style. There are a number of" Asanas" depicting
varietyof body postures, which strengthen the whole system
and vital parts of the body e.g. heart, lungs, liver, kidney
and the brain. "Pranayam" or the practice of controlling
breath is useful for the health of lungs and for rejuvenation
of the whole body. But some" Asanas" and technique of"Pranayam"needs guidance or training from some
specialist of yoga, and the Executives are advised not to
undertake some of the intricate" Asanas", without the
advice of a yoga expert.
4. Exercise reduces obesity and keeps the body trim and fit. It improves the functioning of the heart and the circulation
of the blood in the body. Oil Massage of the body once a
week before bath is also useful.
5. While taking exercise, optimistic thoughts should fill the
mind, and the willpower should be stronger.
6. Exercises should be done in the open, where the air
is pure and pollution-free. This is important because
exercise if taken in impure atmosphere, may do
more harm than doing any good. The early morning time
is considered to be the best from this point of view.
7. A good friction bath is invigorating after the exercise.
If possible, cold water should be used for bath, except
when it is very cold. Before bath, every part of the
body should be rubbed with the palm of the hand
briskly. This not only helps in improving circulahon
of blood, but also refreshes the whole body and
8. Good and noble thoughts are very helpful for health and
9. Some Executives have to travel often. If necessary they
can have brief exercise of neck, hands, feet and eyes
while being confined to their seats. They can meditate and
think of some simple ways for getting rid of ordinary
ailments / tiredness.
10. There are certain health hazards and accidents in life. Work
carefully and assess the unpleasant things that might
happen by negligence. Do not leave things half done or to
11. Be vigilant and co-operative in life.