Jogging - Benefits & Tip of Jogging
helps to stay in shape and to reach an ideal body weight. Jogging is a rigorous cardiovascular exercise that allows a person to burn an average of 100 calories per each mile he or she runs.
Jogging is of benefit to the body as a whole, strengthening the cardiovascular system, improving blood circulation and toning up muscles. This section presents benefits and tips of Jogging / Running.
Benefits of Jogging:
There are as many benefits of Jogging as there are reasons that runners run. From wanting to lose weight to trying to fight disease and aging, there are numerous health benefits to Jogging regularly. Check out for these benefits:
1. Jogging helps lower blood pressure by maintaining the elasticity of the arteries.
As a person runs / walks, his or her arteries expand and contract more than usual, keeping the arteries elastic and the blood pressure low.
The psychological benefits of Jogging far outweigh the physical demands. In fact, Jogging is often used to treat clinical depression and other psychological disorders.
A regular Jogging or walking program lowers your risk of life-threatening maladies such as heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
When used to treat addictions to drugs and alcohol, Jogging has also shown outstanding results.
Jogging / Running is a low - impact exercise that produces less stress on the knees and joints than many other activities do.
Diet and Jogging
Jogging does not increase appetite. In fact, exercise tends to diminish it, acting as a suppressant. "For better running, watch what you eat and when you eat it".
Person who do jogging or exercises daily should pay close attention to their diets, as most runners try to maintain a balanced diet that is low in fat. Carbohydrates are especially important for runners; muscles need the glycogen that comes from them in order to produce energy.
Useful tip for jogging
- You should slow down to walk when you feel fatigued.
- Aerobic exercises are not only age-related, but should be suited to the body's capacity. Initially, it is important to increase stamina first, rather than speed or distance.
- A few warm-up exercises should be done before jogging.
- Keep you posture in mind.
- Wear comfortable shoes that are not too tight-fitting and have some space in front, for free and easy movement of the toes.