Home Remedy/remedies for Arthritis and Arthritis home Treatment
Information on Arthritis
Arthritis - is the inflammation of the lining membrane, or synovium,of the involved joint; hence this is not, strictly speaking, the same as Arthritis. The main feature of arthritis is Inflammation, which is a reaction of the joint tissues to some form of injury or damage. The consequences of this kind of reaction were known even in ancient times. Arthritis assumes various forms, the most frequent being osteroarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Inflammation is the main feature of arthritis, which is a reaction of the joint tissues to some form
of damage or injury.
Arthritis Treatment - Home Remedy for Arthritis
- Guggulu (a herb) is very helpful in curing arthritis. If available, eat half a teaspoon twice a day after meals with warm water. ·Paste of 1 teaspoon red chilies and fresh ginger mixed in half a cup of sesame oil and strain. Gently rub this oil on the affected joints. ·Camphor, wintergreen and cinnamon oils are also beneficial for external application.
- Warm coconut oil or mustard oil, mixed with camphor, should be massaged in case of stiff and
aching joints. It will increase blood supply and reduce inflammation and stiffness on account of
gentle warmth produced while massaging. Camphorrated oil is an ancient rebefacient used for
- The patient should be given a lukewarm enema for a few days to cleanse the bowels. Neutral
immersion baths, hot foot baths, ultrasonic diathermy and exposure of the affected parts to
infra-red rays, a knee pack applied for an hour every night, stream baths and a massage once a
week are beneficial in the treatment of arthritis. All general cold water treatments, such as cold
baths and cold sprays, should be avoided.
- Bogbean is an aquatic herb, very powerful herb special for rheumatoid arthritis and Osteoarthritis, anti-inflammatory. Since this herb cleans the urinary tract, drink lots of water.
- Two teaspoons of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey mixed in a cup of warm water is good for curing arthritis.
Dosage: Taken twice a day proves.
- Get plenty of rest, have the right kind of posture mattress, cover with warm comfortable blankets, get plenty of fresh air and sunshine. Take deep breathing exercises and walk often for exercise and good health.
- A good rub is made from 2 oz. each of eucalyptus oil, oil of wintergreen, rubbing alcohol and witch hazel. Mix, shake, rub on ache.
- Boswellia has anti-inflammatory effects similar to Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) (Advil, Aleve, Tylenol etc.) but this herb does not have side effects and does not causes gastrointestinal bleeding. It improves circulation to the joints, relieves pain, inflammation and stiffness.
- Take Vitamin E to protect and improve joint mobility. Vitamin E is very effective in treating arthritis.
- Avoid fat foods, fried foods, pork, uric acid, starches, sugar, sweets, carbonated drinks, salt, pepper, spices, hot sausage, hot peppers, pickled meats, alcohol and strong acid drinks. Use acid fruits moderately.
- One raw clove of garlic every day is very beneficial. This clove can be fried in ghee (clarified butter) or castor oil.
Dosage: Once daily for two-three months.
- Take 2
tablespoons mullein, 3 of granulated slippery elm bark, one of
lobelia, 1 teaspoon cayenne. Mix thoroughly. Use boiling water
to make paste. Spread on cloth and place on swollen joints. Oil of origanum, oil of lobelia, oil of
capsicum, mixed with coconut oil for a good rub are also recomended as natural remedy for arthritis.
- The yogic asanas helpful in curing arthritis are trikonasana, bhujangasana, shalabhasana,
naukasana, vakrasana and shavasana. Arthritis patients should practice these asanas regularly.
Yogic kriyas like jalneti and kapalbhati and pranayamas such as anulomaviloma, ujjai and
bhrameri are also beneficial.. Yogic kriyas like jalneti and kapalbhati and pranayamas such as anulomaviloma, ujjai and
bhrameri are also beneficial.
These are some easy ones for Arthritis relieve:
Constipation should be avoided as it poisons the system and adds to the irritation and
inflammation of the joints. Light exercises such as walking, hiking and swimming are beneficial.
Maintaining a normal body weight is also an important factor in preventing arthritis. Obesity
places excess stress on weight-bearing joints and interferes with the smooth functioning of
tendons, ligaments and muscles.
Two teaspoons apple cider vinegar and 2 teaspoons of honey
dissolved in a small glass of warm water taken once or twice a
day brings relief.
Mix camphor, methyl salicylate. eucalyptus oil and menthol
to make a rubbing mixture for aches and pains in arthritis.
You can get relief from arthritis pain by
gently exercising the afflicted
joints in tub full of hot water.
Another great remedy for arthritis: Mix equal parts of the following herbs:
black cohosh, genitian root, angelica, colombo, scull cap,
valerian, rue and buckthorn bark, and take one heaping teaspoon
in a cup of boiling water. Let steep, and drink three 1/2 cups
Make Arthritis pain relief rub at Home: Good rub is made from 2 oz. each of eucalyptus oil, oil of
wintergreen, rubbing alcohol and witch haze. Mix, shake, rub on
Treatment of Arthritis